(TMZ) – Tyler the Creator is sorry he trashed a bunch of sound equipment at a Hollywood nightclub back in December … nearly starting a riot in the process — and now, he’s proved it by paying roughly $8,000 to cover the damage.
Tyler was arrested on December 22nd outside the world famous Roxy on Sunset Blvd — after the rapper performed at the venue … and went nuts on stage, throwing things around and destroying a soundboard. Fans took to the streets to protest Tyler’s arrest … and it nearly became a riot situation.
But law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Tyler is in the process of making amends with the venue — already paying approximately $8,000 in damages.
We’re told Tyler is also scheduled to have a meeting a hearing officer for the District Attorney, who will recommend the rapper also pay for the investigation costs incurred by the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Department.
If Tyler complies — we’re told the DA will NOT file any criminal charges.
Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check listings at the bottom of the page)
This Just In…
- Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’ August 18, 2019
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Performs with the Gay Men’s Chorus August 18, 2019
- Home of the Week: Sunset Strip Pad Steps Up its Game August 18, 2019
- Faye Dunaway Sued for Harassing Assistant, ‘Little Homosexual Boy’ Slur August 18, 2019
- Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18 August 18, 2019
- Events11 hours ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music4 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Movies2 days ago
Retroformat Coalition Brings Silent Film Back to Hollywood
- Books1 day ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s