The Abbey Food & Bar, known as the best Gay Bar in the World, having won the title two year’s in a row from MTV’s Logo, announced today they would be adding The Chick-for-Gay Sandwich to their menu with 100% of net proceeds from the sale of the sandwich going to support the American Foundation for Equal Rights and their federal court challenge in support of marriage equality.
“With the upcoming election, even our lunch choices are a political statement. If corporations have the right to spend unlimited amounts of money on an agenda of hate, we as an LGBT business community have to spend money supporting Marriage Equality,” said David Cooley, Founder of The Abbey. “If corporations have the same free speech rights as people, the people have to exercise their First Amendment right at the cash register by patronizing businesses that support our agenda and stop giving money to those that oppose equality.”
The Abbey’s Chick-for-Gay Sandwich is a seasoned breaded boneless chicken breast served on a toasted buttered bun with pickles. The sandwich will be available through the November elections. They Abbey will happily share the recipe with other pro-LGBT businesses that want to support marriage equality through the sale of the sandwich.
This Just In…
- Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested September 17, 2019
- WeHo Adjacent ‘Modern Farmhouse’ Close to Melrose Listed for $4.29M September 16, 2019
- Whole Foods Cuts Med Benefits for 1,900 Part-Time Workers September 16, 2019
- Poo Bear’s Hollywood Hills Home Burgled, Caught on Video September 15, 2019
- Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name? September 15, 2019
- Traffic3 days ago
Unusual Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo
- Sex7 hours ago
Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested
- Opinion2 days ago
Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name?
- DUI3 days ago
Family Talks About Musician Killed in DUI Crash, Viacom Lawsuit