Matthew ”Matty” Healy, of the English band The 1975. The 1975’s first gig in Dubai may be their last after the British pop band’s singer Matty Healy planted a kiss on a male fan who wanted to marry him — violating UAE’s strict anti-LGBTQ laws.
“Thank you Dubai you were so amazing,” Healey tweeted under the handle @Truman_Black after the show. “I don’t think we’ll be allowed back due to my ‘behaviour’ but know that I love you and I wouldn’t have done anything differently given the chance again.” Enlarge Image Healy performs in Spain. The British pop star’s “illegal” kiss came at the end of the band’s performance at Coca-Cola Arena on Wednesday night, when he went into the crowd to greet a male fan who reportedly shouted, “Marry Me,” Billboard reported .
Healy hugged the man then planted a kiss on his lips.
That’s serious business in Dubai, whose laws make homosexuality illegal and could land the Manchester-based pop band’s singer in jail for up to 10 years.
The band, which is touring behind its 2018 […]
This Just In…
- WeHo City Wins Four National Communications Awards at 3CMA September 18, 2019
- City Encourages Those Eligible to Apply for CalFresh Benefits September 18, 2019
- Man Emails Mass Shooting Threat to Avoid Going to Fair September 18, 2019
- Beverly Hills Considers Second Metro Entrance for Rodeo Station September 18, 2019
- Mac Miller Leaves $11 Million Fortune to Friends and Family September 18, 2019
- Drugs and Alcohol1 day ago
Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested
- Strange News14 hours ago
Man Emails Mass Shooting Threat to Avoid Going to Fair
- Business3 days ago
Whole Foods Cuts Med Benefits for 1,900 Part-Time Workers
- Transportation15 hours ago
Beverly Hills Considers Second Metro Entrance for Rodeo Station