WEST HOLLYWOOD (The Fight Mag) — Mona Shaikh, a straight, Muslim female comedian, produces a comedy show showcasing LGBTQIA comedians in Boystown called Minority Reportz presents Gay AF comedy show at Rage in West Hollywood.
“I come from a conservative Pakistani, Muslim background where being a woman alone is challenging let along being an LGBTQIA person so I empathize a lot with the struggle,” says Shaikh in an interview with THE FIGHT .
“I’m one of the first if not the absolute first one to produce a comedy show to showcase just LGBTQIA comedians in Boystown called Minority Reportz presents Gay AF comedy show at Rage Weho this month.”
“Our show’s entire focus is showcasing the most and best diverse comedians,” says Shaikh. “I wanted to produce this show because often times you see a lot of support from the LGBTQIA community for the Muslim community but I feel often the love is not returned. This is my way of showing love for the struggles of the LGBTQIA community in this time of hate and […]
This Just In…
- Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested September 17, 2019
- WeHo Adjacent ‘Modern Farmhouse’ Close to Melrose Listed for $4.29M September 16, 2019
- Whole Foods Cuts Med Benefits for 1,900 Part-Time Workers September 16, 2019
- Poo Bear’s Hollywood Hills Home Burgled, Caught on Video September 15, 2019
- Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name? September 15, 2019
- Traffic3 days ago
Unusual Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo
- Sex6 hours ago
Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested
- Opinion2 days ago
Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name?
- DUI3 days ago
Family Talks About Musician Killed in DUI Crash, Viacom Lawsuit