FLORIDA (Gainesville Sun) — Gary Ray Bowles started his eight-month murderous binge in Daytona Beach by killing John Hardy Roberts on March 14, 1994, inside the victim’s beachside home and now he is set to be the 99th death row inmate executed in Florida in modern times.
The killing spree began in Daytona Beach.
Eventually, in 1994, six men were savagely beaten and choked. One was bludgeoned with a discarded toilet.
Each man fought for his life, but lost.In every case, the victims had something crammed down their throats — a towel, wads of toilet paper, a fistful of dirt.
On Thursday, their killer, Gary Ray Bowles, is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection.
Executions mark the end of some of society’s most heinous killings, but they also elicit objections to the practice of state-sponsored death. Holding the opposing view may become more difficult when it is argued on the behalf of an unrepentant serial murderer like Bowles, but there is still no end to the […]
This Just In…
- Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested September 17, 2019
- WeHo Adjacent ‘Modern Farmhouse’ Close to Melrose Listed for $4.29M September 16, 2019
- Whole Foods Cuts Med Benefits for 1,900 Part-Time Workers September 16, 2019
- Poo Bear’s Hollywood Hills Home Burgled, Caught on Video September 15, 2019
- Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name? September 15, 2019
- Traffic3 days ago
Unusual Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo
- Sex12 hours ago
Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested
- Opinion3 days ago
Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name?
- DUI3 days ago
Family Talks About Musician Killed in DUI Crash, Viacom Lawsuit