A man who stalked Ryan Seacrest outside E! television’s studios on Wilshire, across from LACMA, was sentenced Monday to two years in state prison and ordered to stay away from the host of “American Idol” for 10 years.
Chidi Benjamin Uzomah Jr., 26, received the maximum sentence after previously pleading no contest to stalking. Uzomah did not speak during the sentencing hearing.
The judge also issued a restraining order requiring Uzomah to stay 500 yards away from Seacrest and his workplace for 10 years.
“Ryan is extremely appreciative of the work of the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office in this matter,” his attorney Blair Berk said after the hearing.
Uzomah has been jailed since his arrest in October at E! Entertainment Television studios in Los Angeles, where he tried to reach Seacrest.
Court filings state he was carrying a knife.
Uzomah was on probation at the time for an incident in Orange County, Calif., in which he eventually pleaded guilty to three misdemeanors, including assault, battery and carrying a switchblade knife after he attacked one of Seacrest’s bodyguards outside an event.
This Just In…
- Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’ August 18, 2019
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Chrissy MGtz Performs at the Gay Men’s Chorus of L.A. Hala August 18, 2019
- Home of the Week: Sunset Strip Pad Steps Up its Game August 18, 2019
- Faye Dunaway Sued for Harassing Assistant, ‘Little Homosexual Boy’ Slur August 18, 2019
- Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18 August 18, 2019
- Events9 hours ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music2 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Movies2 days ago
Retroformat Coalition Brings Silent Film Back to Hollywood
- Books1 day ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s