(CBS Local) — Facebook has been paying hundreds of outside contractors to transcribe select voice conversations from users of its services, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday, citing people with knowledge of the work.
The company confirmed that it had been transcribing users’ audio, but said it will no longer do so following scrutiny into other companies.
Earlier this month, Apple and Google suspended reviewing recordings from users interacting with their voice assistants.
“Much like Apple and Google, we paused human review of audio more than a week ago,” a spokesperson told Bloomberg. Facebook has been paying hundreds of outside contractors to transcribe clips of audio from users of its services, according to people with knowledge of the work […]
This Just In…
- Serial Killer of Gay Men Set for Thursday Execution August 19, 2019
- Jamie Bush Unveils Flaneur, Made Goods Showroom, and More August 19, 2019
- Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run in the Fairfax District August 18, 2019
- New Toilets Designed to Discourage Bathroom Sex August 18, 2019
- Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends August 18, 2019
- Events1 day ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music23 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Sightings13 hours ago
Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends
- Violent Crime2 days ago
Brinks Security Guard Shoots at Knife-Wielding Suspect Near Third Street Promenade