A former Playboy Playmate was sentenced today to nine years in state prison after pleading no contest to attempted voluntary manslaughter in the shooting of her husband, the District Attorney’s office announced.
The shooting incident occurred in October 2010 on Hawthorn just northeast of La Brea and Sunset Blvd.
Victoria Rathgeb, who was named Playboy Playmate of the Year in 1968 and appeared in the magazine under the name Angela Dorian, entered the plea to an amended count before Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Barbara Johnson.
Rathgeb, 66, also admitted that she personally used a gun and caused great bodily injury to her husband, Bruce, whom she shot in the back. He has since recovered and was in court but did not make a statement.
Rathgeb was immediately sentenced to prison and ordered to pay $70,000 to the state victim restitution fund.
Deputy District Attorney Louis Parise from the Family Violence Division prosecuted the case. In exchange for her plea, one count of attempted murder was dismissed.
This Just In…
- Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’ August 18, 2019
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Chrissy MGtz Performs at the Gay Men’s Chorus of L.A. Hala August 18, 2019
- Home of the Week: Sunset Strip Pad Steps Up its Game August 18, 2019
- Faye Dunaway Sued for Harassing Assistant, ‘Little Homosexual Boy’ Slur August 18, 2019
- Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18 August 18, 2019
- Events9 hours ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music3 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Movies2 days ago
Retroformat Coalition Brings Silent Film Back to Hollywood
- Books1 day ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s