Connect with us
[the_ad id="4069195"]

Live Music

Woodstock 50 Will Be a Free Concert

Published

on

Woodstock 50 Will Be a Free Concert

NEW YORK (TMZ) — Woodstock 50 will be a free show to those lucky enough to get their hands on tickets … though which performers will officially take the stage is still up in the air.

Sources familiar with the event plans tell us, organizers have decided to release tickets in the coming days free of charge. We’re told a limited number of seats will be available for the show — which has been moved to Maryland — and instructions on how to get tickets will likely be posted by the end of the week.

Our sources say the show will now be billed as a benefit concert … and those who are able to snag seats are encouraged to donate to their favorite causes.

Here’s the problem … we’re told it’s still VERY unclear who will perform at Woodstock. Artists who signed onto the OG 50th Anniversary event are no longer obligated to their contract … and big names like Jay-Z and John Fogerty have already announced they’ve pulled the plug on their performances.

Our sources say organizers are still hopeful they’ll be able to put on a 3-day festival with music throughout … and final plans are still very much in motion.

As for how Woodstock plans to make money to pay for event employees, musical acts and other costs? We’re told VIP tickets will still be sold at a cost in an effort to bridge the gap between expenses and profit.

Woodstock 50 is set to happen the weekend of August 16.

TMZ refers to to a studio-established “thirty mile zone” to monitor rules for filming in Hollywood. The center of the zone was the offices of The Association of Motion Pictures and Television Producers, formerly at Beverly and La Cienega Boulevard. Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check https://www.tmz.com/shows/ for syndicated/local listings at the bottom of the page)

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Health

Coachella’s Fate Uncertain as Riverside County Finds 1st Coronavirus Case

Published

on

By

COACHELLA (TMZ) — Coachella’s fate appears to be hanging in the balance as the county it sits in just confirmed its first case of coronavirus.

Riverside County public health officer Dr. Cameron Kaiser made the announcent, saying RC is under a public health emergency because of a patient who’s considered a “presumptive positive for coronavirus” after being tested by the Public Health Office.

Even more alarming … the hospital this person is being treated at — Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage — is a mere 25 minutes from the Coachella festival site in Indio, CA. So, very close to home.

\

Kaiser says his team is assessing whether the infected individual has been in contact with others and whether more people might’ve been exposed. He also says no decisions have been made on the safety of future public events, and that he’ll evaluate on a case-by-case basis.

Kaiser has NOT instructed the honchos running Coachella or Stagecoach to pull the plug — but in light of this new development, that could change.

Riverside is the latest county in SoCal to declare a public emergency — Orange and Los Angeles counties have already done so, as a handful of confirmed cases have been discovered in both.

If Coachella — which kicks off its first weekend of festivities on April 10 — is indeed canceled, it’ll be a huge blow to the music community. Headliners like Rage Against the Machine, Travis Scott and Frank Ocean were announced this year, and tickets have already gone on sale.

And, of course, in light of SXSW being axed just last week because of the coronavirus … it feels like it could very much become a reality here on the West Coast too. We’ve reached out to Goldenvoice — the company behind Coachella — for comment … no word back yet.

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading

Community

WeHo Women’s History: Dance Performance Beverly Hills Ballroom Studio – Mar 7

Published

on

WEST HOLLYWOOD — In celebration of Women’s History Month, WeHo will present food, music and festivities, at the West Hollywood Park Auditorium Saturday, March 7th.

The festivities will begin with an International Women’s Day Celebration hosted by the City of West Hollywood and its Russian Advisory Board. From 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., presentations will include food and live music by the Osh-Band with Shawn and Alik Oshmiansky, and dance performances by the Beverly Hills International Ballroom Dance Studio, including a flamenco show.

View this post on Instagram

💥Jive show with my student Jenny and her husband 💥🕺💃🕺 Private Ballroom Dance Lessons in Beverly Hills by Oleg Astakhov and Kristina Androsenko from Beverly Hills Dance Studio 🙌🏻 @brentwood_ballroom_dancestudio . . . #ballroomandlatin #ballroomtechnique #latinballroomdancing #ballroomdancing #ballroomdancelessons #dancing #ballroomdancers #ballroomdancesport #ballroomdancevideos #latindance #latinballroom #latinamericanballroom #latin #ballroomlife #dancers #latinballroomdance #ballroomlatindance #ballroomkids #ballroomdance #ballroomdancer #dance #dancelife #latinballroomdancer #ballroomlatin #ballroom #love #dancer #ballroomdancelesson #loveballroomdancing

A post shared by 🥰Beverly Hills Dance Studio💃🕺 (@beverlyhillsdancestudio) on

Admission is free and no RSVP required. For additional information please contact (323) 848-6826.

Saturday, March 7, 12 pm

West Hollywood Park Auditorium 647 N. San Vicente Boulevard

Later in the evening, at the same location, there will be a National Women’s History Month Movie Night screening the film LA Woman Rising, produced by actor Rosario Dawson from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. 

Free parking for both events will be available in the adjacent five-story parking structure at 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard with validation at each event.

Continue Reading

Live Music

So Cal Hollywood Bowl’s 2020 Season Is Pure Fireworks

Published

on

HOLLYWOOD (NBCLA) — Fred George Noshing on something baguette-like, and sipping a lemonade or Chablis, all while the sun dips below the Hollywood Hills and crew members check-check-check the microphones beneath our city’s most iconic shell?

It’s a summer-sweet night scene that’s been happening at the Hollywood Bowl for decades now, a can’t-duplicate-it moment that signifies the season for thousands of Southern Californians.

And thousands of those Southern Californians, as well as a host of tune-loving visitors, will soon fill in the boxes, seats, and benches at the world-famous venue for a great slate of amazing music, movies, and performances.

The Hollywood Bowl announced its 2020 schedule on Tuesday, Feb. 18, and fans of several genres are sure to be chuffed. Chuffed-making concert #1? That would be Opening Night, with Brandi Carlile at […]

Continue reading at nbclosangeles.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement

This Just In…

Trending