Connect with us

Celebrity News

‘Mighty Ducks’ Star Shaun Weiss Homeless and Sick, Friends Desperate

Published

on

'Mighty Ducks' Star Shaun Weiss Homeless and Sick, Friends Desperate

Shaun Weiss — best known for playing Goldberg in “The Mighty Ducks” films — has reached the point of grave concern … and desperately needs help before it’s too late.

Sources close to the troubled 41-year-old actor tell TMZ … he’s currently living on the street and dealing with several life-threatening problems, including diabetes, mental illness and drug addiction.

We’re told friends of Shaun’s have been trying to get him into various rehab facilities for years now, but it’s been difficult due to long wait lists … along with his inability to stay out of trouble. Our sources say things have gotten so bad for Weiss that he’s basically in survival mode right now … which is why resorts to trying to steal stuff .

We’re told anytime he manages to get his hands on some clothing or money, he gets attacked by other homeless people and robbed. Even worse, a friend bought him a van to live in … and it was allegedly set on fire.

Those close to Shaun say he’s in dire need of detox, rehab and medical aid including dental work … because he’s lost most of his teeth, which makes it difficult to eat.

It’s sad stuff for sure, and our sources say even his own sister has been unable to help. We’re told she agreed to take Shaun in at her Northern California home a few weeks ago but kicked him out a few days ago due to his behavior.

He was arrested for residential burglary and being under the influence of methamphetamine shortly afterward.

As we’ve reported … Weiss posed for another shockingly sad mug shot back in August 2018 when he was arrested for public intoxication, but his downward spiral started about a year before that with arrests for petty theft and meth.

Anyone willing to offer assistance with Shaun’s situation is asked to reach out to Drew Gallagher at drewmichaelg@icloud.com.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Celebrity News

Elizabeth Taylor Legacy Award Recognizes Sharon Stone – April 30

Published

on

LOS ANGELES — The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF) has announced that Golden Globe and EMMY Award-winning actress, producer, activist and humanitarian Sharon Stone will receive the Elizabeth Taylor Legacy Award at the Foundation’s inaugural fundraising gala The Elizabeth Taylor Ball to End AIDS on April 30, 2020.

The gala will be held on the backlot of Fox Studios and will be generously supported by title sponsors Gilead Sciences and BVLGARI. 

The Elizabeth Taylor Legacy Award recognizes profound leadership in the fight against HIV and AIDS, recognizing individuals who have historically committed themselves to helping those affected by HIV and AIDS through various efforts from arts to policy to activism.

Image result for sharon stone images today

The award honors the memory of Elizabeth Taylor’s legacy of compassion and courage while on the forefront of the movement to help people affected by HIV. “I started my quest for a vaccine and a cure at the request of Elizabeth Taylor when she asked me to fill in for her at amfAR for one night in Cannes. That one night became a 22-year commitment of HIV/AIDS work, study, and fundraising around the globe and a full understanding of what commitment itself means,” said Stone. 

“I ask all of you to join me in not only honoring this path which Elizabeth forged, but one which we as committed humanitarians must end. 770,000 people died of HIV/AIDS last year and one person every three seconds STILL gets HIV/AIDS.

Please help us end Elizabeth’s brave and incredibly daring and loving task and celebrate that commitment to life!” Off screen, Stone’s charitable foundations have given life and hope to people around the world. At the United Nations on World AIDS Day 1995, Stone accepted an invitation to serve for three years as Chairwoman of amfAR’s Campaign for AIDS Research.

In 1998, as her term was coming to a close, Stone renewed her support of amfAR’s vital innovative research programs by vowing to continue as campaign chairman until a safe and effective AIDS vaccine was developed. Since accepting this key position with amfAR, Stone has traveled nationally and internationally on behalf of the Foundation and is now their Global Chairman for Campaign Fundraising.

She has worked tirelessly to heighten awareness of HIV/AIDS as a threat to social and economic stability, and to underscore the urgent needs for continued AIDS research. Stone is dedicated to this cause, helping to raise hundreds of millions of dollars for the battle against AIDS. Past recipients of the Elizabeth Taylor Legacy Award include Michael Jackson (2018), Elton John (2017), Whoopi Goldberg (2016), Nancy Pelosi (2015) and Aileen Getty (2014). 

The inaugural Elizabeth Taylor Ball to End AIDS will include a seated dinner for 350 guests, an exciting live auction featuring unique works of art and luxury experiences with Andrea Fiuczynski serving as auctioneer, live performance, and dancing. Guests will also be given a first-time up-close look at exclusive items from The Elizabeth Taylor Archive including highlights from Elizabeth Taylor’s personal life, film career, and humanitarian legacy.  

The Ball Committee includes ETAF Ambassador Lyn Rothman, Andrea Fiuczynski, Martine Laing, Jean-Christophe Laizeau, Kay Saatchi, Begum Sen, Pate Stevens and Yi Zhou. Also sponsoring the event is American Airlines, ETAF’s official airline. 


ABOUT ETAF

Working tirelessly on the AIDS crisis throughout the 1980s, Elizabeth Taylor established The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (ETAF) in 1991 to carry out her vision for an AIDS-free world. ETAF works to provide the direct care needed for people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS. Emphasizing Elizabeth’s commitment and concentration on marginalized communities, ETAF’s work has expanded to ensure that HIV prevention education and access to treatment is available through domestic and international initiatives.

We now have the necessary tools to stop the spread of HIV and end the AIDS crisis with sufficient resources. etaf.org 

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Boxer Sergey Kovalev Arrested for DUI In Los Angeles

Published

on

LOS ANGELES (TMZ) — Boxing star Sergey Kovalev was arrested for DUI in Los Angeles early Monday morning, TMZ Sports has learned.

The 36-year-old former light heavyweight champ — who recently fought (and lost to) Canelo Alvarez — was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol around 2 AM.

During the stop, the trooper believed Kovalev was under the influence and arrested him for DUI. He was taken to a nearby station where he was booked.

Records show Kovalev was released on his own recognizance around 7:35 AM.

It’s not Kovalev’s first brush with the law … in fact, the Russian star is currently in the middle of a felony assault case stemming from an incident where he allegedly brutalized a woman in 2018.

As we previously reported, Kovalev is accused of attacking Jamie Frontz — who says the boxing star got violent after she rejected his sexual advances after the opening of a boxing gym in Big Bear, CA.

If convicted on the assault charge, Kovalev faces up to 4 years in prison — though he has pled not guilty and is fighting the case.

Kovalev is 34-4-1 as a pro — winning several light heavyweight belts during his outstanding career.

He most recently fought Canelo — who ferociously knocked him out in the 11th-round of their Nov. 2019 matchup.

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Harvey Weinstein Convicted on 2 Counts, Acquitted on More Serious Charges

Published

on

NEW YORK (TMZ) — 11:16 AM PT — Rotunno and Weinstein’s attorney Damon Cheronis tell us, “While he was not convicted on the most serious charges, we are disappointed in the verdict and will be filing an appeal. There are issues in this trial that were extremely troubling, and they prejudiced Mr. Weinstein’s ability to have his case fairly judged. These will be addressed to a higher court.”

They continue, “In the meantime, we are working on assuring that Mr. Weinstein is brought to Rikers’ Island’s North infirmary unit at the Anna M Kross center complex or in protective custody so that he can get the best medical supervision and care possible.

9:58 AM PT — Weinstein’s attorney, Donna Rotunno, tells TMZ, “We knew going in it was an uphill battle from the beginning. The verdict is bitter sweet. An appeal will be filed, this fight is not over.”

Rotunno also says they requested that Weinstein be placed in a medical facility inside the jail while he awaits sentencing. However, it is ultimately up to the Dept. of Corrections where he ends up.

9:39 AM PT — Manhattan D.A. Cyrus Vance just spoke to the media and made it very clear … Weinstein’s convictions — even on just 2 out of 5 counts — are absolutely a success in his eyes, and not a failure by any stretch of the imagination.

Vance praised all of the women who testified in the case, saying they changed the course of history with their participation and stories … and helped bring the criminal justice system into the 21st century in the fight against sexual violence.

He went on to say what was made clear is that rape is rape, and sexual assault is sexual assault — whether someone reports it in an hour, a year or never … and despite the relationship a victim may have with his or her attacker.

Bottom line for Vance … he says there’s a new landscape on how to look at these cases, and it’s all because the women in this case were heroic enough to take the stand and speak. He says Weinstein will be behind bars for a minimum of 5 years, and his office will take that as a victory … even though life in prison was potentially on the line on the more serious counts.

Vance’s hope with this case is that victims of sexual abuse will come forward and report, and know they will be believed … and that justice will be pursued on their behalf. It doesn’t appear Weinstein’s legal team took the opportunity to address the press Monday.

9:14 AM PT — Weinstein was remanded into custody following the announcement of the verdicts. He will remain behind bars until his March 11 sentencing hearing.

Harvey Weinstein is guilty of 2 of the 5 charges he faced in his NYC criminal trial — but he was found not guilty on the charges that could have put him in prison for life.

The jury found Weinstein guilty of 1st-degree criminal sexual act and 3rd-degree rape. He could get up to 25 years in prison just for the criminal sexual act. However, the jury found him not guilty on 2 counts of predatory sexual assault charges. Those carried a possible life sentence. He was also acquitted of 1st-degree rape.

A jury of 12 people — 7 men and 5 women — finally reached their verdict after 5 days and about 22 hours of deliberations. This comes after an interesting turn on Friday … when the jurors sent a note to the judge asking if they could be hung on 2 counts of predatory sexual assault and unanimous on the others.

The judge told them to go back deliberations, and they worked it out by Monday morning.

As we reported … Weinstein pled not guilty to 5 felony charges relating to sexual misconduct. The charges were based on the accounts of 2 women … Miriam Haley, a TV and film production assistant who worked on “Project Runway,” and former actress Jessica Mann.

The prosecution rested its case 2 weeks ago after 12 days of witness testimony. In total, 6 women testified against Weinstein, including Haley and Mann. Last Tuesday marked the start of jury deliberations.

As we reported … Mann testified under oath that Weinstein began manipulating her as soon as he met her, allegedly forcing himself on her multiple times and raping her at a hotel in Manhattan.

Weinstein’s defense argued he had a consensual relationship with Mann lasting for years after the alleged sexual assault. He maintained all sexual conduct was consensual.

During closing arguments, Weinstein’s lawyer, Donna Rotunno, ripped into the prosecution, saying prosecutors, “created a universe that strips adult women of common sense, autonomy and responsibility,” arguing Weinstein’s accusers acquiesced to sex because they thought it would advance their careers.

However, Prosecutor Joan Illuzzi-Orbon countered in her closing argument, saying Weinstein’s accusers “were merely ants that he could step on without consequences.”

The disgraced Hollywood mogul felt he couldn’t get a fair trial in New York, claiming the jury pool was tainted … but the case proceeded.

Originally published — 8:53 AM PT

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading
Advertisement

This Just In…

Trending