Connect with us
[the_ad id="4069195"]

Sexual Assault

LAPD Seeks Additional Human Trafficking Victims of Arrested Pimp

Published

on

Photo: flickr

LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Police Department’s Operations Valley Bureau-Human Trafficking Task Force is seeking additional victims of human trafficking.

On February 3, 2020, Operations Valley Bureau-Human Trafficking Task Force arrested Christopher Moss, 33-year-old from Dallas, Texas for Human Trafficking.

In February North Hollywood Area Officers responded to a domestic violence radio call. During the officers investigation it was discovered that the victim had been engaging in commercial sex acts at the demand of her trafficker.


Operations Valley Bureau Human Trafficking Task Force assumed the investigation and immediately went into action and was able to provide the victim with advocate services.

This investigation has lead us to working in collaboration with other cities and states who may have an investigative interest in this case.

As the officers continued the human trafficking investigation it was obvious more victims were involved and needed to be located. We are asking for the public’s assistance in locating any additional victims. Detectives believe there are additional victims who have not filed police reports.

The above photograph is a tattoo that was branded onto one of the victims. Often times a human trafficker will brand their victims as a sign of ownership in the pimp culture.

The crown represents royalty and when the victim has earned it, the human trafficker will brand them. This specific tattoo also had the letter ‘D’ and inside is the $ symbol.

Christopher Moss moniker is “Daddy Cash” and the ‘D’ represents Daddy and the $ symbol represents cash.

It is important to note that any victim that comes forward, will not be in any kind of trouble. We have resources available to victims that come forward.

Anyone with additional information regarding Christopher Moss, or anyone who may have been a victim are asked to call Operations Valley Bureau-Human Trafficking Task Force, Detective Cynthia Gonzales at 818-644-8091.

During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (1-877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call the L.A. Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477) or go directly to www.lacrimestoppers.org. Emails can be sent to 647tips@lapd.online as well.

Tipsters may also visit www.lapdonline.org, and click on “Anonymous Web Tips” under the “Get Involved-Crime Stoppers” menu to submit an online tip. Lastly, tipsters may also download the “P3 Tips” mobile application and select the L.A. Regional Crime Stoppers as their local program.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Celebrity News

Harvey Weinstein Has One or More Cellmates, Already Suffered Injury

Published

on

By

Harvey Weinstein tmz

Update: Things changed. A Dept. of Corrections source told us Weinstein was in a cell by himself.  As of now, he has a cellmate — one Rikers source says he has 2 cellmates.  We’re also told Weinstein fell today and hit his head. He’s being treated.

NEW YORK (TMZ) — Harvey Weinstein ‘s getting special treatment in jail so far, but it’s not necessarily something he wants — he’s being kept isolated and under watch 24 hours a day … likely until his sentencing.

Senior Dept. of Corrections sources tell TMZ … ever since Weinstein was transferred to Rikers Island this week, he’s been staying on the 6th floor of the main building of the North Infirmary Command.

We’re told the floor has 30 beds in a dorm-like setting, but right now, Weinstein has the whole floor to himself … which keeps him safe from other inmates.

Our sources say a 24-hour security system is in place to monitor the disgraced Hollywood producer’s every move, which includes surveillance cameras and frequent check-ins by guards. At night, he’s moved to a cell with two other inmates to sleep.

As we told you … NYC prison officials were concerned about Weinstein harming himself, so it seems the DOC’s making sure to avoid that, as well.

Elizabeth Williams

Weinstein was moved to his infirmary unit at Rikers Thursday after undergoing a heart procedure at Bellevue Hospital … which is where he went after being convicted of a 1st-degree criminal sexual act and 3rd-degree rape.

His new digs at Rikers comes with 24/7 medical care and an attending physician on hand. There’s also a nearby annex on the grounds for any other medical needs.

As for Weinstein’s other prisoner perks … it’s pretty standard stuff. According to the DOC … he gets one hour of recreation time per day and access to the law library and religious services. He also gets heart-healthy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner … but we’re told he can also request junk food from the commissary.

Weinstein’s sentencing is scheduled for Wednesday … it’s unclear if or where he’ll be moved after the judge hands down his punishment.

We reached out to his attorneys, Donna Rotunno and Arthur Aidala … both declined to comment.

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Harvey Weinstein Convicted on 2 Counts, Acquitted on More Serious Charges

Published

on

NEW YORK (TMZ) — 11:16 AM PT — Rotunno and Weinstein’s attorney Damon Cheronis tell us, “While he was not convicted on the most serious charges, we are disappointed in the verdict and will be filing an appeal. There are issues in this trial that were extremely troubling, and they prejudiced Mr. Weinstein’s ability to have his case fairly judged. These will be addressed to a higher court.”

They continue, “In the meantime, we are working on assuring that Mr. Weinstein is brought to Rikers’ Island’s North infirmary unit at the Anna M Kross center complex or in protective custody so that he can get the best medical supervision and care possible.

9:58 AM PT — Weinstein’s attorney, Donna Rotunno, tells TMZ, “We knew going in it was an uphill battle from the beginning. The verdict is bitter sweet. An appeal will be filed, this fight is not over.”

Rotunno also says they requested that Weinstein be placed in a medical facility inside the jail while he awaits sentencing. However, it is ultimately up to the Dept. of Corrections where he ends up.

9:39 AM PT — Manhattan D.A. Cyrus Vance just spoke to the media and made it very clear … Weinstein’s convictions — even on just 2 out of 5 counts — are absolutely a success in his eyes, and not a failure by any stretch of the imagination.

Vance praised all of the women who testified in the case, saying they changed the course of history with their participation and stories … and helped bring the criminal justice system into the 21st century in the fight against sexual violence.

He went on to say what was made clear is that rape is rape, and sexual assault is sexual assault — whether someone reports it in an hour, a year or never … and despite the relationship a victim may have with his or her attacker.

Bottom line for Vance … he says there’s a new landscape on how to look at these cases, and it’s all because the women in this case were heroic enough to take the stand and speak. He says Weinstein will be behind bars for a minimum of 5 years, and his office will take that as a victory … even though life in prison was potentially on the line on the more serious counts.

Vance’s hope with this case is that victims of sexual abuse will come forward and report, and know they will be believed … and that justice will be pursued on their behalf. It doesn’t appear Weinstein’s legal team took the opportunity to address the press Monday.

9:14 AM PT — Weinstein was remanded into custody following the announcement of the verdicts. He will remain behind bars until his March 11 sentencing hearing.

Harvey Weinstein is guilty of 2 of the 5 charges he faced in his NYC criminal trial — but he was found not guilty on the charges that could have put him in prison for life.

The jury found Weinstein guilty of 1st-degree criminal sexual act and 3rd-degree rape. He could get up to 25 years in prison just for the criminal sexual act. However, the jury found him not guilty on 2 counts of predatory sexual assault charges. Those carried a possible life sentence. He was also acquitted of 1st-degree rape.

A jury of 12 people — 7 men and 5 women — finally reached their verdict after 5 days and about 22 hours of deliberations. This comes after an interesting turn on Friday … when the jurors sent a note to the judge asking if they could be hung on 2 counts of predatory sexual assault and unanimous on the others.

The judge told them to go back deliberations, and they worked it out by Monday morning.

As we reported … Weinstein pled not guilty to 5 felony charges relating to sexual misconduct. The charges were based on the accounts of 2 women … Miriam Haley, a TV and film production assistant who worked on “Project Runway,” and former actress Jessica Mann.

The prosecution rested its case 2 weeks ago after 12 days of witness testimony. In total, 6 women testified against Weinstein, including Haley and Mann. Last Tuesday marked the start of jury deliberations.

As we reported … Mann testified under oath that Weinstein began manipulating her as soon as he met her, allegedly forcing himself on her multiple times and raping her at a hotel in Manhattan.

Weinstein’s defense argued he had a consensual relationship with Mann lasting for years after the alleged sexual assault. He maintained all sexual conduct was consensual.

During closing arguments, Weinstein’s lawyer, Donna Rotunno, ripped into the prosecution, saying prosecutors, “created a universe that strips adult women of common sense, autonomy and responsibility,” arguing Weinstein’s accusers acquiesced to sex because they thought it would advance their careers.

However, Prosecutor Joan Illuzzi-Orbon countered in her closing argument, saying Weinstein’s accusers “were merely ants that he could step on without consequences.”

The disgraced Hollywood mogul felt he couldn’t get a fair trial in New York, claiming the jury pool was tainted … but the case proceeded.

Originally published — 8:53 AM PT

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Snoop Dogg Apologizes To Gayle King Over Kobe Bryant Comments

Published

on

(TMZ) — I WAS DISRESPECTFUL Snoop Dogg is issuing a public apology to CBS anchor Gayle King after ripping her for the Kobe Bryant interview … and he wants to hash things out in private.

Snoop Dogg is issuing a public apology to CBS anchor Gayle King after ripping her for the Kobe Bryant interview … and he wants to hash things out in private.

Snoop just issued his mea culpa to Gayle, saying the way he came at her with a profanity-laced social media rant was out of line.

As you know … Snoop went nuclear on Gayle last week, heavily criticizing her for an interview she did with WNBA legend Lisa Leslie, which included a question and follow up about Kobe’s 2003 sexual assault case.

Now, Snoop admits he was wrong for lashing out at Gayle — who says she’s getting death threats for the Kobe question — and he says he overreacted because he was rife with emotions and angry at her line of questioning.

Snoop says he was just trying to defend Kobe because Mamba can’t defend himself, but he regrets the way he expressed his feelings.

As for why the change of heart … Snoop says his mom gave him some sage advice. He added … “2 wrongs don’t make it right.”

In his initial rant, Snoop called Gayle a “funky dog head bitch” and asked her, “How dare you try to tarnish my motherf***in’ home boy’s reputation, punk motherf***er? Respect the family and back off, bitch. Before we come get you.”

Snoop later backtracked and said he didn’t mean anything as a threat … and now he’s saying sorry and hoping to sit down with Gayle to chat behind closed doors.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

This Just In…

Trending