Connect with us

Celebrity News

Gayle King ‘Very Angry’ with CBS Over Clip About Kobe Bryant Rape Case

Published

on

(TMZ) — “I am mortified. I am embarrassed and I am very angry.”

That’s Gayle King going NUCLEAR on her own network, CBS, for releasing an interview clip with Kobe Bryant ‘s good friend, Lisa Leslie , in which King asks about Kobe’s rape case … claiming CBS simply did her dirty.

Here’s the deal … earlier this week, CBS released a teaser clip from King’s big interview with the WNBA star in which she asks if Bryant’s legacy is “complicated” because of the 2003 sexual assault case.


King received a TON of backlash online from people who claim the question was insensitive and inappropriate — including 50 Cent and Vivica A. Fox. In a video, Gayle admitted she’s been reading the tidal wave of negative comments on social media and it’s been driving her crazy!

“I know that if I had only seen the clip that you saw, I’d be extremely angry with me too,” King said.

She continued, “I am mortified. I am embarrassed and I am very angry.”

“Unbeknownst to me, my network put up a clip from a very wide-ranging interview — totally taken out of context — and when you see it that way, it’s very jarring. It’s jarring to me. I didn’t even know anything about it.”

King says the sexual assault question was only a small part of a larger conversation about Kobe’s life … and she felt it WAS appropriate to ask that question at the time.

“We talked about that court case because that court case has also come up. And, I wanted to get Lisa’s take on it as a friend who knew him well, what she thought, where that should stand.”

“It was very powerful when she looked me in the eye, as a member of the media, to say, ‘It’s time for the media to leave it alone and to back off.'”

“I felt really good about the interview … so, for the network to take the most salacious part when taken out of context, and put it up for people who didn’t see the whole interview, is very upsetting to me and that’s something I’m going to have to deal with them.”

“There will be a very intense discussion about that.”

Update

LeBron James just spoke in defense of Lisa Leslie — saying Protect @LisaLeslie at all cost!” He added, “You’re a real Superhero!! Sorry you had to [go] through that s*%#!!! We are our own worse enemies! #Mamba4Life”

A rep for CBS News told TMZ, “Gayle conducted a thoughtful, wide-ranging interview with Lisa Leslie about the legacy of Kobe Bryant. An excerpt was posted that did not reflect the nature and tone of the full interview. We are addressing the internal process that led to this and changes have already been made.”

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Celebrity News

Amie Harwick’s Accused Killer Arrested Again, Charged With Murder

Published

on

By

(TMZ) — Gareth Pursehouse — the man accused of murdering Drew Carey ‘s ex-fiancee, Dr. Amie Harwick — has been arrested again and charged with her murder.

Pursehouse was re-arrested Wednesday on a no bail warrant and was charged with one count each of murder and first-degree residential burglary with the special circumstance allegation of lying in wait … according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney.

Gareth is facing the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole, if convicted. The D.A. says no decision has been made on whether to seek capital punishment.

We broke the story … Amie was murdered this weekend after cops say Pursehouse attacked her, causing her to fall from a third-story balcony in the Hollywood Hills.

Amie and Gareth dated years ago and as we reported … Harwick filed for 2 restraining orders against him in 2011 and 2012, claiming he attacked her multiple times and even threw her out of a vehicle on the side of the freeway.

Pursehouse was initially arrested for murder, but he bonded out of jail after being held on a $2 million bail. Now, Pursehouse is back in custody and the D.A. says he will be arraigned.

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Jason Davis Death Case Looks Like Possible Heroin Overdose

Published

on

By

(TMZ) — Jason Davis ‘ death has authorities thinking he might’ve overdosed on heroin — a drug he’d been addicted to in the past and once kicked … TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation tell us … Jason was found unresponsive in his bathroom around 10:30 AM. We’re told there were items nearby that were consistent with heroin or opioid use — including burnt tin foil and other paraphernalia.

An official cause has yet to be determined — we’re told an autopsy and toxicology analysis still needs to be conducted, but for now … authorities are treating his death as a possible OD. It makes the situation all the more tragic, as Jason had battled addiction … and in 2011, he was even arrested and charged for allegedly having heroin on him.

Those charges were eventually dropped after he completed a drug diversion program. About a year before that, he’d been featured on “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew,” where he attempted to get clean. We got him on camera around the time his criminal case was being worked on, and he talked sobriety with us — saying at the time he’d been off drugs for almost a week.

Jason went on to cofound a charity called Cure Addiction Now, which he’s said to have been heavily involved with running.

Jason was most known in Hollywood as the voice of Mikey Blumberg on the long-running Disney Channel show, “Recess.” He’d acted in several other movies and shows as well.

The guy was just 35. RIP.

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading

Celeb Homes

Justin & Hailey Bieber Looking to Buy and Complete First Home

Published

on

By

LOS ANGELES (TMZ) — Justin and Hailey Bieber’s potential starter home is one that’s still under construction — but we’re hearing they’re eyeing it pretty hard, and could spend a fortune to get it.

Sources tell TMZ … Mr. and Mrs. Bieber have been looking at this monster of a home in Brentwood currently owned by the CEO of Playboy Enterprises. The guy bought the place when it was a vacant lot in 2014, spending around $9 million just for the land.

Now, he’s got a nearly completed property sitting atop all that dirt. It’s a 7,500-square-foot modern Mediterranean mansion — and as you can see, it’s fit for a king and queen.

Enter the Biebers, who we’re told are seriously considering buying it and completing the work being done right now — which, for now, is still being funded by the Playboy peeps. Our sources say Justin and Hailey might wanna pick up the baton and make it their own.

As for how much they could possibly spend … we’re told the pad could end up having a final price tag in the range of $18 to $20 million. Not to mention what it would cost finishing all the building that needs to be done.

In any case, it looks like it’d be a great first house they’d own together as a married couple. We know they’ve been looking around L.A. for the past couple years, but haven’t pulled the trigger on anything quite yet. To this date, it appears they’ve mostly been renting.

Welcome home.

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading
Advertisement

This Just In…

Trending