Connect with us
[the_ad id="4069195"]

Lawsuits

Bloom Firm Files Lawsuit Against Epstein Estate for New Accuser

Published

on

Jeffrey Epstein's Suicide Attempt Surveillance Footage Missing

NEW YORK — Lisa Bloom, the daughter of powerhouse lawyer Gloria Allred, is the attorney for five women who allege that Jeffrey Epstein sexually abused them. Four lawsuits were filed in 2019 as reported by The Guardian on August 25th.

Three more accusers have joined their ranks. Epstein had been accused of sexual misconduct and jailed before his mysterious suicide in prison on August 10, 2019.

Of note, the two Bloom represents were minors at the time of the abuse. The fifth lawsuit was only recently filed against his estate, now controlled by executors. She knew Epstein from 2003-2013 working for his close friend. A fund has been set up to compensate victims.

The executors, Darren Indyke and Richard Kahn, said in a statement last November 14th that the fund would create a “voluntary, confidential, non-adversarial alternative to litigation.”

Bloom said her mission in representing the alleged Epstein victims was “to deliver justice that was denied when jail authorities allowed Epstein to kill himself.” She has been a champion of women’s rights. Bloom’s practice is now 100% for the victims of sexual misconduct and she has given up representing accused men. That decision came after she found herself on the wrong side of the Weinstein story.

Lisa Bloom and Janice Dickinson announce a settlement in their defamation lawsuit against Bill Cosby in Woodland Hills, California, on 25 July.
Lisa Bloom and Janice Dickinson announcing a settlement in their defamation lawsuit against Bill Cosby in Woodland Hills, California, on 25 July. Photograph: Frederick M Brown

According to Bloom, Jeffrey frequently hypersexualized her work, controlling her clothing, hairstyle and diet. He ultimately sexually assaulted the victim on multiple occasions.

She was threatened into silence. He allegedly said, “I will burn you. I will hunt you down.” She feared for her life and that of her family and friends. She additionally suffered debilitating psychological injuries.

The search for witnesses and information is underway. Contact Marcelino@thebloom firm.com.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Lawsuits

Bev Hills Police Chief to Retire Amid Discrimination Lawsuits

Published

on

Bev Hills Police Chief to Retire Amid Discrimination Lawsuits

BEVERLY HILLS — Beverly Hills City Manager George Chavez announced that Police Chief Sandra Spagnoli will retire from the department, effective May 15, 2020.

NBC LA cites “several law enforcement and other sources” as saying that Spagnoli was notified “she had until Friday, April 24, to resign or face possible termination.”

Spagnoli joined BHPD in February of 2016 from the City of San Leandro in Northern California where she served as Chief since 2011.  She has been accused in multiple lawsuits of using slurs and making remarks about Jews, employees who were LGBTQ and people of color. NBCLA reports on allegations of promoting mostly white men and having sexual contact with employees.

“During the Chief’s tenure, crime was reduced while the department increased diversity, public outreach, best practices and advancements in technology,” said Chavez.  “We thank Chief Spagnoli for her service to our community and her three decades of public service in law enforcement.”

“I am grateful to have served Beverly Hills and proud of the accomplishments over the past 4 years to keep this world-class community one of the safest in the nation,” said Chief Spagnoli.

Chavez is expected to name an Interim Police Chief in the coming weeks. 

More Coverage

Continue Reading

Lawsuits

Target Sued, Man Claims Hand Sanitizer Won’t Kill Coronavirus

Published

on

By

LOS ANGELES (TMZ) — Target has a target on its back, legally speaking … the retail giant is being sued over the effectiveness — or lack thereof — of its store-brand hand sanitizer to combat coronavirus.

A man named Mardig Taslakian from Los Angeles filed a class-action lawsuit against Target and its super popular store brand, Up&Up, claiming the company deceptively markets its hand sanitizer “to eliminate 99.99% of germs” when there’s no proof to back that claim.

According to new legal docs, obtained by TMZ, Taslakian has beef with Target marketing its Up&Up-brand hand sanitizer as comparable to Purell … which is dealing with its own lawsuit over allegedly misleading claims.

Taslakian claims the same January 17, 2020 warning letter the FDA sent to Purell — that there’s no scientific data to support its germ-killing effectiveness — should also apply to Target.

According to docs, Taslakian says that “by comparing its less expensive in-house private label product” to Purell’s more expensive hand sanitizer … Target misleads customers into thinking its hand sanitizer is as effective as Purell’s “and can therefore prevent disease or infection from, for example, Coronavirus and flu, along with other claims that go beyond the general intended use of a topical alcohol-based hand sanitizer.”

Although, Taslakian is accusing Target of insinuating its sanitizer combats coronavirus … the product never makes such a claim.

Taslakian want damages, including punitives, and an order stopping Target from making the claims on the bottles. We’ve reached out to Target, so far no word back.

Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check syndicated/local listings)

Continue Reading

Business

Starbucks Sued for Refusing to Redeem Gift Card for Cash in WeHo

Published

on

WEST HOLLYWOOD (Patch.com) — The Starbucks Corp. is being sued by a customer who alleges the coffee shop chain in 2019 wrongfully denied him a $1.70 cash redemption for the balance on his gift card at one of its West Hollywood stores, maintaining the company was obligated to do so by law.

Robert Paskey’s Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit seeks compensatory and punitive damages as well as a court order that Starbucks provide cash redemptions for gift cards having a balance of less than $10.

A Starbucks representative did not immediately reply to a request for comment on the suit filed Thursday.

Paskey went to the location in the 8900 block of Santa Monica Boulevard on Dec. 26 and a clerk there denied him his request for the $1.70 cash redemption on his gift card, telling […]

Continue reading at patch.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement

This Just In…

Trending