BEVERLY HILLS — The Beverly Hills Police Department has made an arrest in connection with the vandalism that took place at the Nessah Synagogue on Saturday, December 14th.
Anton Nathaniel Redding, 24, of Millersville, Pennsylvania was arrested and charged with Vandalism of a Religious Property, and Commercial Burglary (§594.3(a) and §459 of the California Penal Code). The charges filed include a penalty enhancement for a Hate Crime under §422.75(a) of the California Penal Code.
Redding was identified as a suspect on December 17th as a result of a thorough investigation, review of surveillance footage and the processing of forensic evidence. Once Redding was identified, a warrant was obtained for his arrest, and investigators along with the crime impact team shifted their focus to locating Redding.
Shortly after identifying Redding as the suspect, investigators determined that Redding was in the state of Hawaii. Detectives traveled to Hawaii to locate Redding. Working collectively with the local Hawaiian authorities, Redding was located in Kona and taken into custody.
Redding is currently being held in custody, without bail, where he will remain until an extradition hearing is held to authorize his transfer to the state of California. Once the extradition is approved, Redding will be transferred from Hawaii to California and will ultimately appear at the Airport Courthouse in Los Angeles.
Beverly Hills Police personnel, in cooperation with federal and local law enforcement agencies, have been working tirelessly on this investigation and vetted through many leads before ultimately identifying Redding as the suspect. Earlier in the investigation, the department evaluated what appeared to be a promising lead related to a subject who was detained by our department the evening of December 14th; however, that subject was excluded as a suspect based on forensic evidence and was ultimately released from detention.
BHPD would like to thank our partner law enforcement agencies, in particular the Los Angeles Police Department, the United States Secret Service, the Joint Regional Intelligence Center, the Hawaii Police Department and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. We also extend our thanks to community organizations, to include the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), the Nessah Synagogue family, and other community members who have offered great assistance and support during this investigation and most difficult time for the City and the Nessah community.
“I said we would catch this guy and we did,” said Mayor John Mirisch. “The criminal who we believe desecrated a holy place on Shabbat is now in custody thanks to the superb work of the Beverly Hills Police Department. The Beverly Hills community is strong and will not be intimidated by despicable acts. Our thoughts remain with the Nessah community as they work to move forward from this terrible crime.”
“I am so pleased that the collective efforts and relentless police work on this case has resulted in the apprehension of the suspect and a criminal filing,” said Beverly Hills Police Chief Sandra Spagnoli. “I’d like to thank our staff, partner law enforcement agencies, and community organizations for their expeditious work and support during this difficult time.”
‘Bachelor’ Contestant Apologizes for White Lives Matter Shoot
(TMZ) — ‘Bachelor’ contestant Victoria F is finally addressing a controversy that’s been dogging her for a minute now — issuing a mea culpa for being part of a ‘White Lives Matter’ campaign.
The model — who’s currently still in the running for Peter Weber ‘s final rose — took to social media Saturday with a Notes-written apology for her eyebrow-raising shoot, which she posted on her Instagram story.
It says, “I would like to sincerely apologize for my involvement with We Love Marlins. My intention was only to support an endangered species.” She continues in her post, “I want to say that I unequivocally reject the beliefs of the white lives matter movement or any propaganda that supports racism of any kind.
It says, “I would like to sincerely apologize for my involvement with We Love Marlins. My intention was only to support an endangered species.”
She continues in her post, “I want to say that I unequivocally reject the beliefs of the white lives matter movement or any propaganda that supports racism of any kind. I would like to specifically apologize to people of color that are affected by racism daily.”
VF finished by saying, “It was never my intention to add fuel to the racial fire in this country. This has truly been an educational moment for me and I hope to be a voice against racism moving forward. I hope I can be shown grace as I navigate through this process.”
The timing of her apology is interesting … as we reported and as ‘Bachelor’ nation now knows, Victoria is in the final four group of girls who are taking Pete to their hometown.
We knew about the ‘WLM’ campaign — which was meant to be a ‘BLM’ pun to raise awareness about over-fishing white Marlin — but it went unaddressed as the show continued. About a week ago, however, Cosmo scrapped Victoria from their digital cover because of it.
No word if she ends up going the distance with Pete — rumor has it he doesn’t choose any of the remaining girls — but it seems her post-‘Bachelor’ life demanded she speak on this.
Jussie Smollett Facing 6 New Counts for Allegedly Faking Attack
CHICAGO (TMZ) — Jussie Smollett is facing felony charges in Chicago again — the special prosecutor just announced an indictment against the actor for the alleged homophobic attack against him last year.
A grand jury handed up the new indictment against Jussie. Dan Webb was appointed special prosecutor for the case last summer. We’re told he’s now facing 6 felony counts for lying to law enforcement. The indictment calls the 6 charges “disorderly conduct,” but all 6 involve allegations of lying to cops.
This effectively re-opens the controversial case that led to Smollett getting fired from “Empire.”
Special Prosecutor Webb says Jussie “planned and participated in a staged hate crime attack, and thereafter made numerous false statements to Chicago Police Dept. officers.”
Webb adds the new charges — pared down from 16 to 6 — were re-filed “in the interest of justice.” Webb was critical of the State’s Attorney who dismissed the case, saying Kim Foxx’s office had no additional evidence from what the Grand Jury had when they indicted Smollett in the first place, so the dismissal made no sense.
Jussie and his attorneys had staged a legal battle against the special prosecutor, saying it would expose him to double jeopardy. That effort was shot down in court. You’ll recall Cook County prosecutors dropped all 16 felony counts against Smollett in March 2019 … calling it a “just disposition and appropriate resolution,” but not an exoneration.
That decision pissed off Chicago law enforcement — and in August, Webb was appointed special prosecutor to investigate how the case was handled, and if there was any reason to renew charges.
A source connected to Jussie tells us, “The officers who re-investigated the case are the same ones who originally investigated it. These officers are currently being sued by Smollett. They have also spent taxpayer money on having these officers go to Los Angeles and harass members of Smollett’s team and friends.”
We’re told Jussie still maintains his innocence, and finds the timing of the indictment interesting — because Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx is up for re-election next month. He plans to plead not guilty.
Jussie will be arraigned February 24. We’re told he faces up to 3 years in state prison if convicted.
You’ll recall, Jussie claimed he was attacked on a frigid night in Chicago by 2 white men who put a rope around his neck and doused him with bleach while yelling racial and homophobic slurs.
However, 2 black men — brothers Abel and Ola Osundairo — were eventually detained, and told police Jussie paid them to stage the whole attack.
After the new indictment, the Osundairos’ attorney, Gloria Schmidt, says they remain “fully committed to the public knowing the truth” about the so-called attack — and will cooperate with the investigation. However, they did not testify before the new grand jury. Instead, the panel relied on the brothers’ previous testimony.
Jussie’s attorney, Tina Glandian, is also questioning the timing of the indictment, saying, “the attempt to re-prosecute Mr. Smollett one year later on the eve of the Cook County State’s Attorney election is clearly all about politics not justice.”
She also says … “After more than five months of investigation, the Office of the Special Prosecutor has not found any evidence of wrongdoing whatsoever related to the dismissal of the charges against Mr. Smollett. Rather, the charges were appropriately dismissed the first time because they were not supported by the evidence.”
Foxx’s campaign is calling out the timing of the special prosecutor’s announcement saying, “What’s questionable here is the James Comey-like timing of that charging decision, just 35 days before an election, which can only be interpreted as the further politicization of the judicial system, something voters in the era of Donald Trump should consider offensive.”
Nevada Man Guilty in Plot to Shoot up Las Vegas LGBTQ Bar
LAS VEGAS (Los Angeles Blade) — Conor Climo pleaded guilty to planning to bomb a synagogue and a gay bar among other targets. A Nevada man pleaded guilty Monday in Las Vegas to a series of charges, including planning to shoot customers at an LGBTQ bar, the AP reported.
Conor Climo, 24, a self-described white supremacist, pleaded guilty to planning to bomb a synagogue or Anti-Defamation League office and to shoot up a gay bar and a fast-food restaurant.
He apparently shared his plans with an FBI informant during an encrypted online chat.
He also shared that he is a member of the Feuerkrieg Division, an offshoot of the Atomwaffen Division neo-Nazi group.
Climo pleaded guilty to felony possession of an unregistered firearm, the AP reported. He faces two to three years in prison at his sentencing […]
Petition Circulating to Ask Judge to Keep Ed Buck in Jail
RAGE is Latest Venue to Fall Victim to the Pandemic
Koretz Won’t Back ‘Uplift Melrose’ Plan
Man Sentenced for Hit-and-Run Death of Pedestrian on Sunset
Beverly Grove Man Charged for COVID Relief Loan Fraud
County Hospitals Receive 300 iPads for Patients to See Family
Processions to Cedars Will Salute Healthcare Workers on National Nurses Day
WeHo Webinar: Loneliness, Isolation, Depression, and Anxiety During Pandemic
Texas & California Wet Markets Show Full Extent of Vile Conditions
White House Gift Shop Selling Coronavirus Commemorative Coins
21 Workers Test Positive for Coronavirus at Rock n Roll Ralphs
Residents of Whitley Ave Hold Dance Party From Windows, Balconies
Laurel Canyon Hosts Porch Concerts Amid Stay Home Order
WeHo’s Leslie Jordan Gains 3.5M IG Followers During Quarantine
‘Safer at Home’ Extended to May 15, Face Covers Required in Public
‘Project Runway’ Star Michael Costello Converts Factory to Produce Masks
Lisa Vanderpump Says Two Sides to Coronavirus Impact on Dog Adoptions
Strip Club Forced to Close After Busted by Local News
Extremist Groups Encourage Members to Spread Coronavirus to Police, Jews
LA’s Original Farmers Market – Business Booming During Pandemic
This Just In…
- Petition Circulating to Ask Judge to Keep Ed Buck in Jail
- RAGE is Latest Venue to Fall Victim to the Pandemic
- Koretz Won’t Back ‘Uplift Melrose’ Plan
- Man Sentenced for Hit-and-Run Death of Pedestrian on Sunset
- Beverly Grove Man Charged for COVID Relief Loan Fraud
- County Hospitals Receive 300 iPads for Patients to See Family
- Processions to Cedars Will Salute Healthcare Workers on National Nurses Day