LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – A former Hollywood library has been repurposed into a women’s homeless shelter which will open for use Tuesday.
The Gardner Street Women’s Bridge Housing Center at 1403 North Gardner St. is located on the former site of the Will & Ariel Durant Branch Library.
The permanent facility, part of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti’s “A Bridge Home Initiative” to tackle L.A.’s homeless crisis, will be able to house up to 30 women.
It was first proposed by L.A. City Councilman David Ryu back in 2017. Construction began back in November. It was built with funding from Measure HHH , a $1.2 billion bond measure approved by voterws back in 2016 for the construction of […]
This Just In…
- Nation’s First Cannabis Lounge to Serve Marijuana-Infused Meals September 21, 2019
- Lowell Farms Splits Into Two Businesses for CA Law Compliance September 21, 2019
- Another ‘Original’ SURver Is Getting Married September 20, 2019
- Women Accused of Running IRS Robocall Ring Arrested September 20, 2019
- Prizma with 169 Apartments Completed on La Brea and Willoughby September 20, 2019
- Violent Crime1 day ago
Victim 7: Ed Buck Threatened Me With Power Saw
- California1 day ago
Ethnic Studies Plan ‘Needs Work’ According to CA Education Officials
- Art & Galleries1 day ago
20 Years of Sound to be Celebrated at Schindler House Sept 27
- Traffic1 day ago
New Purple Line Station Construction to Begin Late September