MODESTO (LA Times) — A Northern California city has denied a request to hold a so-called straight pride rally at a local park.
Modesto city officials on Friday denied an application by the National Straight Pride Coalition for an Aug. 24 event at Graceada Park.
Organizer Don Grundmann had estimated 500 people would attend.
The group says it supports heterosexuality, Christianity and white contributions to Western civilization.
Opponents argued the rally would promote hatred of LGBTQ people and minorities.Chris Holland, who planned to stage a counterprotest with other Modesto residents, said it’s important for people to recognize the National Straight Pride Coalition as “a thinly veiled hate organization.”“They are dressing up their homophobic agenda as a celebration […]
This Just In…
- Serial Killer of Gay Men Set for Thursday Execution August 19, 2019
- Jamie Bush Unveils Flaneur, Made Goods Showroom, and More August 19, 2019
- Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run in the Fairfax District August 18, 2019
- New Toilets Designed to Discourage Bathroom Sex August 18, 2019
- Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends August 18, 2019
- Events1 day ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music23 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Sightings14 hours ago
Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends
- Comedy Clubs18 hours ago
Last Laugh and Taco Tuesday at Micky’s