(CBS Local) — Miniature horses are among the service animals approved to take on flights, according to new guidelines provided Thursday by the federal government.
Service animals on planes has been the subject of much debate over the past several years, especially when the animal is a little exotic. To curb some of the debate, the U.S. Department of Transportation clarified which common service animals should almost always be allowed.
“With respect to animal species, we indicated that we would focus our enforcement efforts on ensuring that the most commonly used service animals (dogs, cats, and miniature horses) are accepted for transport as service animals,” the department said in a statement.
October 22, 2016 While not as common as dogs, miniature horses are known to make great service animals. They can live as long as 35 years […]
This Just In…
- 22nd Annual Reel Black Men Film Festival Debuts 8 Titles at PDC August 22, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha August 22, 2019
- Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus August 21, 2019
- Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants August 21, 2019
- Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic August 20, 2019
- Pursuits1 day ago
Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic
- Gossip8 hours ago
Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus
- Development8 hours ago
Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants
- Sightings20 mins ago
Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha