(CBS Local) — Miniature horses are among the service animals approved to take on flights, according to new guidelines provided Thursday by the federal government.
Service animals on planes has been the subject of much debate over the past several years, especially when the animal is a little exotic. To curb some of the debate, the U.S. Department of Transportation clarified which common service animals should almost always be allowed.
“With respect to animal species, we indicated that we would focus our enforcement efforts on ensuring that the most commonly used service animals (dogs, cats, and miniature horses) are accepted for transport as service animals,” the department said in a statement.
October 22, 2016 While not as common as dogs, miniature horses are known to make great service animals. They can live as long as 35 years […]
This Just In…
- Jamie Bush Unveils Flaneur, Made Goods Showroom, and More August 19, 2019
- Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run in the Fairfax District August 18, 2019
- New Toilets Designed to Discourage Bathroom Sex August 18, 2019
- Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends August 18, 2019
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin at the Gym, Soho House August 18, 2019
- Events1 day ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music20 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Books2 days ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s
- Sightings11 hours ago
Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends