(CBS Local) — Miniature horses are among the service animals approved to take on flights, according to new guidelines provided Thursday by the federal government.
Service animals on planes has been the subject of much debate over the past several years, especially when the animal is a little exotic. To curb some of the debate, the U.S. Department of Transportation clarified which common service animals should almost always be allowed.
“With respect to animal species, we indicated that we would focus our enforcement efforts on ensuring that the most commonly used service animals (dogs, cats, and miniature horses) are accepted for transport as service animals,” the department said in a statement.
October 22, 2016 While not as common as dogs, miniature horses are known to make great service animals. They can live as long as 35 years […]
This Just In…
- Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested September 17, 2019
- WeHo Adjacent ‘Modern Farmhouse’ Close to Melrose Listed for $4.29M September 16, 2019
- Whole Foods Cuts Med Benefits for 1,900 Part-Time Workers September 16, 2019
- Poo Bear’s Hollywood Hills Home Burgled, Caught on Video September 15, 2019
- Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name? September 15, 2019
- Traffic3 days ago
Unusual Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo
- Opinion2 days ago
Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name?
- DUI3 days ago
Family Talks About Musician Killed in DUI Crash, Viacom Lawsuit
- Sex3 hours ago
Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested