The City of West Hollywood, LAMBDA Legal and Servicemembers Legal Defense Network will host a celebration in recognition of the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell (DADT) on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at West Hollywood Park, 647 N. San Vicente Boulevard.
Earlier this year, President Barack Obama formally signed a certification to end the discriminatory military policy, Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. After almost 18 years, the Pentagon on Tuesday plans to formally repeal DADT.
The community will gather today from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at West Hollywood Park (on the west lawn off Robertson Boulevard) to reflect on the end of this era of military discrimination.
Speakers at the celebratory event will include West Hollywood Mayor Pro Tempore Jeffrey Prang; Don Davidson, LAMBDA Legal; and Tom Carpenter, Servicemembers Legal Defense Network. Following the celebration at West Hollywood Park, a march will take place ending at San Vicente Boulevard and Santa Monica Boulevard.
One hour of free parking is available at the West Hollywood Park Parking Garage.
This Just In…
- Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested September 17, 2019
- WeHo Adjacent ‘Modern Farmhouse’ Close to Melrose Listed for $4.29M September 16, 2019
- Whole Foods Cuts Med Benefits for 1,900 Part-Time Workers September 16, 2019
- Poo Bear’s Hollywood Hills Home Burgled, Caught on Video September 15, 2019
- Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name? September 15, 2019
- Traffic2 days ago
Unusual Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo
- Opinion2 days ago
Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name?
- DUI2 days ago
Family Talks About Musician Killed in DUI Crash, Viacom Lawsuit
- Burglaries2 days ago
Multiple Angle Videos on CitizenApp Show Broken Glass That Doesn’t Move