A 27-year-old man was sentenced on August 21 for leading police on a pursuit in which he crashed his car into several police vehicles earlier this year in Hollywood, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced today.
Pharuehat Wilaisophakun of Los Angeles pleaded no contest yesterday in a negotiated plea agreement to one felony count each of assault upon a peace officer and fleeing a pursuing peace officer’s motor vehicle while driving recklessly. Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Eleanor Hunter immediately sentenced him to three years and eight months in state prison.
According to the District Attorney, on April 4, the defendant crashed his 2018 Prius at Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue but did not stop. A police officer witnessed the crash and pursued the car.
Wilaisophakun fled at a high rate of speed, running red lights, weaving in and out of traffic and hitting multiple vehicles, according to testimony at the preliminary hearing. During the chase, three police vehicles attempted to block the defendant’s vehicle and Wilaisophakun rammed them.
The defendant later crashed into a parked vehicle with a baby inside. The baby was not injured. The pursuit finally ended when the defendant’s car crashed into a truck and police vehicles pinned the car, blocking the defendant’s path. The case was investigatedby the Los Angeles Police Department, Hollywood Division.
This Just In…
- Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested September 17, 2019
- WeHo Adjacent ‘Modern Farmhouse’ Close to Melrose Listed for $4.29M September 16, 2019
- Whole Foods Cuts Med Benefits for 1,900 Part-Time Workers September 16, 2019
- Poo Bear’s Hollywood Hills Home Burgled, Caught on Video September 15, 2019
- Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name? September 15, 2019
- Traffic3 days ago
Unusual Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo
- Drugs and Alcohol12 hours ago
Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested
- Opinion3 days ago
Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name?
- DUI3 days ago
Family Talks About Musician Killed in DUI Crash, Viacom Lawsuit