WEST LOS ANGELES — A man has been charged with defacing a synagogue and threatening to injure or kill another man, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.
Cameron Brunson Blake, allegedly associated with a Neo-Nazi group, was charged with one count each of vandalism of a religious property, a hate crime, and criminal threats. The case was filed for warrant on August 27.
The defendant is expected to be arraigned today in the Los Angeles County Superior Court, Airport Branch.
Deputy District Attorneys Richard Ceballos and Paul Kim of the Organized Crime Division are prosecuting the case.
On August 10, Blake was accused of carving an anti-Semitic slur into a door at a synagogue. Two days later, he allegedly hurled an epithet at a man and his infant daughter in Palisades Park and threatened to injure or kill the man.
Prosecutors are recommending bail be set at $1 million. If convicted as charged, the defendant faces a possible maximum sentence of six years and eight months in state prison.
The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department.
This Just In…
- Family Talks About Musician Killed in DUI Crash, Viacom Lawsuit September 15, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Toss Lawsuit Against Ed Buck and DA September 15, 2019
- Unusual Car Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo September 15, 2019
- Early Hollywood Cinematographer James Wong Dies at Home in WeHo September 14, 2019
- Felicity Huffman Gets Jail Time for Rigged SAT Test in WeHo September 13, 2019
- Streets3 days ago
Ridiculous WeHo Parking Ticket Dismissed After Twitter Post
- DUI3 days ago
WeHo DUI/License Checkpoint Planned for Friday the 13th
- Traffic56 mins ago
Unusual Car Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo
- Strange News3 days ago
Body of Man Missing For 22 Years Found From Outer Space