Connect with us

Strange News

Man Emails Mass Shooting Threat to Avoid Going to Fair

Published

on

SYLMAR — A Sylmar man had been calling authorities to falsely warn them about a mass shooting threat at the Los Angeles County Fair this past weekend according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Villasenor’s parents were planning on bringing him to the fair, and he didn’t want to go, Olivieri said in a press conference Saturday.

Erik Jonathan Villaseñor (dob 8/29/95) faces one misdemeanor count of false report of emergency.

Pomona Police Chief Mike Olivieri told CBS LA that Villasenor wrote, “Hello, I was told that someone was planning on doing a mass shooting on Sunday at the Fairgrounds. I just wanted to inform you guys already.”

“Though he’s 22, he felt that it was appropriate to send this threat and we believe it was with the intent that it would…spark some chaos and commotion,” Olivieri said. “It would be captured by the media and then he could use that as an excuse to his parents to not go to the fair.”

Partnering with the FBI, local law enforcement tracked down Villasenor and arrested him Friday at his parent’s home in Sylmar, California, on the suspicion of making false threats.

Villasenor admitted to the hoax, police said, who are also seeking reimbursement from him for the resources used in the investigation.

Arraignment was scheduled in Department E of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, Pomona Branch. Case 9PC04361.

Villaseñor is charged with emailing authorities on September 13 falsely warning of an online threat of a shooting on September 15. .If convicted as charged, the defendant faces a possible maximum sentence of one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.The case remains under investigation by the Pomona Police Department.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertisement

This Just In…

Trending