LOS ANGELES — A suspect was taken into custody Monday after assaulting an LAPD officer with a metal pipe in the Miracle Mile area.
Officers responded to the 600 block of South La Brea Avenue just before noon on a call regarding a man armed with some type of pipe, LAPD Officer Mike Lopez told CBS LA.
According to Lopez, officers confronted the suspect and he then used the pipe to assault one of the officers.
The suspect was taken into custody with minor injuries but traffic was diverted for some time due to the user of force investigation.
This Just In…
- Jamie Bush Unveils Flaneur, Made Goods Showroom, and More August 19, 2019
- Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run in the Fairfax District August 18, 2019
- New Toilets Designed to Discourage Bathroom Sex August 18, 2019
- Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends August 18, 2019
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin at the Gym, Soho House August 18, 2019
- Events1 day ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music22 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Sightings13 hours ago
Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends
- Violent Crime2 days ago
Brinks Security Guard Shoots at Knife-Wielding Suspect Near Third Street Promenade