The City of West Hollywood and Christopher Street West will host the annual LGBT Pride 2012 celebration, “PRIDE 365: Power. Passion. Purpose.” from Friday, June 8, 2012 through Sunday, June 10, 2012. The annual Pride celebration will include the Dyke March Rally; the two-day PRIDE Festival 2012; and the annual PRIDE Parade 2012.
Christopher Street West, the producers of LA PRIDE, have chosen 80’s teen-queen, and current star of ABC Family’s The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Molly Ringwald, as the 2012 LA PRIDE Parade Grand Marshal. She has been selected for her long and unwavering support of the LGBT community. The 42nd annual LA PRIDE Parade takes place at 11 a.m. on Sunday, June 10, 2012, on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood.
The Annual Dyke March Rally will take place on Friday, June 8, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. on San Vicente Boulevard, south of Santa Monica Boulevard. The Dyke March will then proceed down Santa Monica Boulevard and return to West Hollywood Park for a free after-party hosted by emcee Jennie McNulty, with entertainment, dancing, gourmet food trucks and community outreach organizations representatives. The Etheridge Award, presented annually to a Lesbian whose community leadership has had a significant impact within and for the Lesbian community, will be presented to Rita Gonzales, a Latina media figure, activist, and arts and healthcare advocate. This is event is FREE.
The two-day PRIDE Festival 2012 will take place on Saturday, June 9, 2012 from noon to midnight and Sunday, June 10, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at the newly renovated West Hollywood Park, 647 N. San Vicente Boulevard. The festival will feature a one-hour live performance from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, June 9, 2012 by rap artist Lil’ Kim as well as other live entertainment on multiple stages; dance venues and hundreds of exhibitors and food vendors.
Admission tickets for the festival are $15 in advance and can be purchased online at www.lapride.org and $20 at the gate. Television coverage of the parade will air live on Time Warner Cable Citychannel 10 at 11 a.m., and will be replayed all day Sunday. Parade coverage will also be available on the City’s website at www.weho.org/tv
Due to the annual PRIDE Parade 2012, the following streets and facilities will be temporarily CLOSED:
- West Hollywood Park will be closed from 10 p.m. on Monday, June 4, 2012 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 13, 2012
- West Hollywood Library will be closed from 7 p.m. on Thursday, June 7, 2012 to 7 a.m. on Monday, June 11, 2012
- West Hollywood Pool will be closed from 5 a.m. on Tuesday, June 5, 2012 to 8 a.m. on Wednesday, June 13, 2012
- San Vicente Boulevard between Santa Monica Boulevard and Melrose Avenue will be closed from 8 p.m. on Thursday, June 7, 2012 through 7 a.m. on Monday, June 11, 2012;
- Santa Monica Boulevard from Fairfax Avenue to Doheny Drive will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m on Sunday, June 10, 2012;
- Streets one block north and south of Santa Monica Boulevard (Fairfax Avenue to La Peer Drive) will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 10, 2012; and
- Crescent Heights Boulevard from Romaine Street to Fountain Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 10, 2012.
The City of West Hollywood will suspend enforcement of permit parking for the PRIDE Festival 2012 from 4 p.m. on Friday, June 8, 2012 to 7 a.m. on Monday, June 11, 2012. All meter parking will be enforced. Festival-goers are asked to observe the boundaries of West Hollywood; if parking occurs in the City of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, all parking restrictions must be observed.
Public Parking for the PRIDE Festival 2012 will be available at the following locations for a fee:
Friday and Saturday Parking Locations:
- Kings Road Parking Structure, 8383 Santa Monica Boulevard, $7.50
- Hancock Parking Structure, 901 Hancock Avenue, $7.50
Sunday Special Event Parking Locations:
- Kings Road Parking Structure, 8383 Santa Monica Boulevard, $15.00
- Hancock Parking Structure, 901 Hancock Avenue, $15.00
- La Jolla/Havenhurst Lot, 1043 La Jolla Avenue, $15.00
- La Peer Lot, 623 La Peer Drive, $15.00
- Orange Grove Lot, 1114 N. Orange Grove Avenue, $15.00
- Spaulding Lot, 7718 Santa Monica Boulevard, $15.00
- Pacific Design Center, Melrose & San Vicente (Enter off of Melrose), $20.00
For more information on street and facility closures during the PRIDE Festival 2012, please call (323) 848-6456 or visit www.weho.org For more information regarding PRIDE 2012 celebrations visit www.lapride.org
This Just In…
- Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’ August 18, 2019
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Performs with the Gay Men’s Chorus August 18, 2019
- Home of the Week: Sunset Strip Pad Steps Up its Game August 18, 2019
- Faye Dunaway Sued for Harassing Assistant, ‘Little Homosexual Boy’ Slur August 18, 2019
- Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18 August 18, 2019
- Events10 hours ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music4 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Movies2 days ago
Retroformat Coalition Brings Silent Film Back to Hollywood
- Books1 day ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s