LOS ANGELES (KABC) — Best Friends Lifesaving Center has the largest neonatal kitten unit in Los Angeles County, and because newborn kittens need so much attention they need volunteers, fosters and new forever homes.
The kitten nursery is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week because these kittens have to be fed every 2 to 4 hours.
“People don’t often realize but neonatal kittens especially the young ones are the most at risk at shelters. Once they’re about 5 to 6 weeks old they can start eating on their own,” said Michelle Sathe, Public Relations Manager for Best Friends.
The shelter estimates that nearly 3,000 kittens will have come through this facility in 2019 alone. They have already cared for more than 15,000 neonatal kittens and nursing mom cats since opening […]
This Just In…
- Jamie Bush Unveils Flaneur, Made Goods Showroom, and More August 19, 2019
- Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run in the Fairfax District August 18, 2019
- New Toilets Designed to Discourage Bathroom Sex August 18, 2019
- Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends August 18, 2019
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin at the Gym, Soho House August 18, 2019
- Events1 day ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music21 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Sightings12 hours ago
Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends
- Violent Crime1 day ago
Brinks Security Guard Shoots at Knife-Wielding Suspect Near Third Street Promenade