LOS ANGELES (Curbed LA) — The average price of a one-bedroom apartment in Los Angeles County now stands at $1,755 per month, according to real estate tracker CoStar.
For a two-bedroom, the average is $2,235.
Under those price calculations—derived from data scraped from thousands of online listings—the cost of renting both one- and two-bedroom units has risen roughly 2 percent countywide in the last year.
That’s a slight, but significant increase in a region beset by a woeful shortage of affordable housing .
Within the city of Los Angeles, prices rose roughly half a percentage point between July 2018 and July 2019, according to a separate report from online rental website Apartment List.A typical one-bedroom apartment rented for $1,369 per month in July, while two-bedrooms fetched $1,759. Those prices, derived from census data, may seem on the low side, but they reflect what renters across the city are already paying—rather than what […]
This Just In…
- Jamie Bush Unveils Flaneur, Made Goods Showroom, and More August 19, 2019
- Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run in the Fairfax District August 18, 2019
- New Toilets Designed to Discourage Bathroom Sex August 18, 2019
- Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends August 18, 2019
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin at the Gym, Soho House August 18, 2019
- Events1 day ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music22 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Sightings12 hours ago
Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends
- Violent Crime1 day ago
Brinks Security Guard Shoots at Knife-Wielding Suspect Near Third Street Promenade