(TMZ) Katy Perry just arrived to an L.A. Federal Courthouse where a trial is set to take place involving her song “Dark Horse.”
Perry — wearing a mint-colored suit — is expected to testify in the trial today in what has been a lengthy legal battle.
As TMZ previously reported … Katy was sued by Christian rapper Flame back in July 2014 after claiming Katy’s 2013 hit track “Dark Horse” is a total rip-off of his Grammy-nominated gospel track “Joyful Noise.” Flame’s music label uploaded the music video in 2008 to YouTube and it has nearly 4 million views.
According to the suit … Flame says Perry not only jacked their religious music … she also destroyed his reputation in the Christian music world because they’re now associated with the anti-Christian witchcraft and imagery that appears in the “Dark Horse” music video.
Flame claims Katy jacked the underlying beat … but she’s calling BS, saying there are no significant similarities.
Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check https://www.tmz.com/shows/ for syndicated/local listings at the bottom of the page)
This Just In…
- Justin Bieber Drops His $2K Designer Sneakers in the Gutter August 22, 2019
- 22nd Annual Reel Black Men Film Festival Debuts 8 Titles at PDC August 22, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha August 22, 2019
- Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus August 21, 2019
- Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants August 21, 2019
- Pursuits2 days ago
Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic
- Gossip12 hours ago
Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus
- Development12 hours ago
Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants
- Sightings5 hours ago
Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha