CHP, Los Angeles Police and Fire Department personnel are on the scene of a fatal accident where a possibly drunk transient walking into traffic was struck and killed by passing traffic. He appeared to be stumbling, according to some witnesses.
Calls started to come in via 911 about the male walking in traffic at about 10:48PM, according to the California Highway Patrol. The man was struck a short time later, and all southbound lanes were closed and a SigAlert issued by about 11:15PM.
A Mini Cooper with moderate front end damage was at the scene and may have been the vehicle that hit the transient. Later news reports confirmed that it was, and that the female driver was not injured.
Some lanes were reportedly opened but traffic was still backed up through the Cahuenga Pass as of 12:30AM, according to Weho Daily readers stuck in the traffic.
KTLA reported that the victim was a 35-year-old Colorado man and that he was trying to cross the freeway near the Hollywood Bowl.
This Just In…
- Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’ August 18, 2019
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Performs with the Gay Men’s Chorus August 18, 2019
- Home of the Week: Sunset Strip Pad Steps Up its Game August 18, 2019
- Faye Dunaway Sued for Harassing Assistant, ‘Little Homosexual Boy’ Slur August 18, 2019
- Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18 August 18, 2019
- Events10 hours ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music4 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Movies2 days ago
Retroformat Coalition Brings Silent Film Back to Hollywood
- Books1 day ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s