Friends of Don Leach, who is perhaps better known as Cowboy, are holding a fundraising drive to try to raise $1,000 to hire an immigration attorney to assist him in his fight to become a U.S. citizen. Friends will have a $5 pot-luck lunch and raffle for a 32 inch television at the Gold Coast on Saturday, November 6 from 12 to 4PM.
Leach was taken into custody by the West Hollywood Sheriff at the Gold Coast bar on September 18th. No charges have been filed against him, according to friends, and he is now only being held because he is not a legal U.S. resident.
Here are the facts surrounding the case, as set out in the event announcement:
- Cowboy Don Leach was arrested at the Gold Coast on September 18th because of an anonymous informant called the police to say he was wanted for a crime.
- NO CHARGES have been filed against Don.
- Don was transferred to ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) because he is not a legal U.S. resident.
- Don has been in contact with the Canadian Consulate. He is NOT wanted for anything in Canada. (He hasn’t been there since he was 18 years old.)
- Don is being held at the Santa Ana City Jail. His address is “Donald Leach,” #1000004349, Santa Ana City Jail VH2, P.O. Box 2203, Santa Ana, CA 92702.” Letters are welcome.
- His hearing is scheduled before Judge Anderson at the Immigration Court on Friday, November 19th at 8 a.m. (Immigration Court is located at 606 Olive Street, Los Angeles, Fifth Floor, Room 3.) All are welcome to attend to show support.
- Don has been living continuously in the U.S. since 1964 (46 years). He has worked in the U.S. all his adult life. His Social Security statement indicates that he qualifies for monthly benefits and Medicare.
- Don has a good chance of becoming a legal resident. He is petitioning the court to grant him legal “residency” based on section INA §249 of the Immigration Code (continuous residency since January 1, 1972).
To make a cash donation, donate a prize for the raffle, make a food dish for the pot luck, or for more information, contact Paul Hamel at (310) 991-2374. Checks should be made out to the “Gold Coast” with a note stating the donation is for Cowboy Don. Mail the check to the attention of Bob Hasting, Gold Coast Bar, 8228 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046
This Just In…
- 22nd Annual Reel Black Men Film Festival Debuts 8 Titles at PDC August 22, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha August 22, 2019
- Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus August 21, 2019
- Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants August 21, 2019
- Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic August 20, 2019
- Pursuits2 days ago
Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic
- Gossip12 hours ago
Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus
- Development12 hours ago
Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants
- Sightings4 hours ago
Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha