(TMZ) – Police and emergency vehicles arrived to CBS Television City in Hollywood just after 2PM today after someone reported that white powder spilled out of a letter in the CBS mailroom.
Law enforcement sources confirmed to TMZ that cops are investigating the scene.
The suspicious, white-powder-containing letter was intended for “Dancing with the Stars” … law enforcement tells TMZ.
Officials later determined the substance was not anthrax — or any other harmful substance.
While there’s been controversy surrounding Chaz Bono‘s appearance on the show … sources tell us the target was NOT an on-air personality or contestant.
A rep for the FBI — which is investigating the matter — had no comment.
It’s not the first time CBS has had an anthrax scare — just last year, the studio went on lockdown when production staff found white powder in a letter addressed to Bristol Palin.
Officials also intercepted a threatening letter addressed to “Late Late Show” host Craig Ferguson just last month. The letter also contained white powder — which was later determined to be cornmeal.
Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check listings)
This Just In…
- 22nd Annual Reel Black Men Film Festival Debuts 8 Titles at PDC August 22, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha August 22, 2019
- Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus August 21, 2019
- Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants August 21, 2019
- Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic August 20, 2019
- Pursuits2 days ago
Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic
- Gossip11 hours ago
Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus
- Development12 hours ago
Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants
- Movies4 hours ago
22nd Annual Reel Black Men Film Festival Debuts 8 Titles at PDC