SANTA MONICA (CBSLA) — A jewelry store owner is lucky to not have been seriously hurt after he was hit by a sledgehammer during a robbery Thursday in Santa Monica.
It started around 2:40 on an otherwise normal Thursday afternoon.
The store is located on Montana Avenue in Santa Monica, a busy area.
Surveillance video captured the owner tending to inventory when a masked suspect enters. The store — ironically named Heist –was calm and quiet when the masked man came in and after an instant, smashed a display case with the sledgehammer.
The owner’s actions screamed “not today” and he intervened and began pushing the suspect outside. Unbeknownst to the owner, another masked suspect appears and hits him with a sledgehammer he’d be carrying. After a short struggle, the suspects […]
This Just In…
- Nation’s First Cannabis Lounge to Serve Marijuana-Infused Meals September 21, 2019
- Lowell Farms Splits Into Two Businesses for CA Law Compliance September 21, 2019
- Another ‘Original’ SURver Is Getting Married September 20, 2019
- Women Accused of Running IRS Robocall Ring Arrested September 20, 2019
- Prizma with 169 Apartments Completed on La Brea and Willoughby September 20, 2019
- Violent Crime1 day ago
Victim 7: Ed Buck Threatened Me With Power Saw
- California1 day ago
Ethnic Studies Plan ‘Needs Work’ According to CA Education Officials
- Traffic1 day ago
New Purple Line Station Construction to Begin Late September
- Apartments23 hours ago
Prizma with 169 Apartments Completed on La Brea and Willoughby