LOS ANGELES (Patch.com) — Jurors deliberated for a second day without reaching a verdict Tuesday in the trial of a man accused of being the Hollywood Ripper responsible for the deaths of two women, including a Hollywood woman preparing to go out that night with actor Ashton Kutcher.
Michael Gargiulo, 43, is accused in the Feb. 22, 2001, killing of 22- year-old Ashley Ellerin in her Hollywood home and the Dec. 1, 2005, slaying of 32-year-old Maria Bruno in her El Monte apartment. The murder charges include special circumstance allegations of multiple murders and murder while lying in wait.
Gargiulo also is facing an attempted murder charge stemming from an April 2008 attack on 26-year-old Michelle Murphy, who survived being stabbed eight times in her Santa Monica apartment, along with an attempted escape charge.
He could face the death penalty if he is convicted of […]
This Just In…
- Jamie Bush Unveils Flaneur, Made Goods Showroom, and More August 19, 2019
- Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run in the Fairfax District August 18, 2019
- New Toilets Designed to Discourage Bathroom Sex August 18, 2019
- Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends August 18, 2019
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin at the Gym, Soho House August 18, 2019
- Events1 day ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music22 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Scandals2 days ago
Soho House Helps Former L.A. Planning Director Get Huge Ethics Fine
- Comedy Clubs17 hours ago
Last Laugh and Taco Tuesday at Micky’s