The City of West Hollywood has announced that all on-street parking meters throughout the WeHo have been converted to now accept credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), as well as coins.
West Hollywood’s cashless alternative offers users the same type of encryption technology that banks use to keep information safe. In addition, if meters get jammed, a wireless message is instantly sent to city staff members so the meters are repaired more quickly.
The credit card meters are also eco-friendly in that they use solar panels to collect energy to power the equipment in addition to the conventional battery that is used at night and when there is not enough sunshine.
This Just In…
- Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’ August 18, 2019
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Chrissy MGtz Performs at the Gay Men’s Chorus of L.A. Hala August 18, 2019
- Home of the Week: Sunset Strip Pad Steps Up its Game August 18, 2019
- Faye Dunaway Sued for Harassing Assistant, ‘Little Homosexual Boy’ Slur August 18, 2019
- Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18 August 18, 2019
- Events9 hours ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music3 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Movies2 days ago
Retroformat Coalition Brings Silent Film Back to Hollywood
- Books1 day ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s