LOS ANGELES (Wave Newspapers) — All criminal charges have been dismissed against a prominent local Black Lives Matter leader arrested after a raucous Los Angeles Police Commission meeting last year, her attorney announced.
City prosecutors said in February that they had agreed to drop the case in six months if Melina Abdullah, a Cal State Los Angeles professor and Black Lives Matter organizer, adhered to guidelines aimed at preventing her from disrupting Los Angeles Police Commission meetings.
The guidelines included exiting and not returning to the meeting if she was found to be disrupting the proceedings and ordered to leave.
“We celebrate the city attorney’s decision to dismiss all charges against Dr. Abdullah. While the dismissal of all charges against this noble warrior is a great victory, the battle for justice […]
This Just In…
- Ed Buck Arrested after Third, Non-Fatal OD, $4 Million Bail Requested September 17, 2019
- WeHo Adjacent ‘Modern Farmhouse’ Close to Melrose Listed for $4.29M September 16, 2019
- Whole Foods Cuts Med Benefits for 1,900 Part-Time Workers September 16, 2019
- Poo Bear’s Hollywood Hills Home Burgled, Caught on Video September 15, 2019
- Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name? September 15, 2019
- Traffic3 days ago
Unusual Crashes Disturb Peaceful Sunday Morning in WeHo
- Opinion2 days ago
Wehoville’s ArrestLogs: Unbiased or Can You Pay to Remove a Name?
- DUI2 days ago
Family Talks About Musician Killed in DUI Crash, Viacom Lawsuit
- Lawsuits2 days ago
Judge Refuses to Toss Lawsuit Against Ed Buck and DA