SACRAMENTO (The Pride LA) — Although the current political administration has made serious efforts to rollback protections and rights for the LGBTQ+ community, it seems as though California’s state government does a great deal to protect the community.
Take Governor Gavin Newsom, for example. Newsom was advocating for same-sex marriage rights long before it was popular for Democratic candidates to do so. Most recently, Newsom has appointed an array of LGBTQ+ people to administration positions, according to The Sacramento Bee.
That’s where advocacy groups like The Human Rights Campaign and Equality California come into play. Currently these groups have their sights on three little-known pro-equality bills: SB 201, SB 159 and SB 233. Not sure what those bills are meant for?
The Pride L.A . is here to help. SB 201: Safeguarding intersex youth Senate Bill 201 seeks to protect the bodily autonomy of intersex people who are […]
This Just In…
- Ellesse Kicks Off Repositioning Strategy with Influencer campaign August 19, 2019
- Jamie Bush Unveils Flaneur, Made Goods Showroom, and More August 19, 2019
- Man Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run in the Fairfax District August 18, 2019
- New Toilets Designed to Discourage Bathroom Sex August 18, 2019
- Creepy Sunset Strip Billboard Watches Miley, Friends August 18, 2019
- Events1 day ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music22 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Scandals2 days ago
Soho House Helps Former L.A. Planning Director Get Huge Ethics Fine
- Comedy Clubs17 hours ago
Last Laugh and Taco Tuesday at Micky’s