WEST HOLLYWOOD — Trees make our cities greener, cleaner, and healthier. The City of West Hollywood has approximately 12,500 trees that require maintenance and care.
The annual program of tree pruning begins on Monday, September 9, 2019. Work is expected to continue through February of 2020.
West Coast Arborists, the City’s contractor, is beginning pruning work along Sunset Boulevard, taking care not to disrupt Westbound lanes until after 10 a.m. to minimize the impact on morning commuters.
During the coming weeks, crews will move to other commercial areas on Beverly Boulevard, Santa Monica Boulevard, and other arterial streets. Work will then commence on residential arterial streets.
Residents, businesses, and motorists should keep an eye out for the following advance notices:
- “No parking” signs will be placed a minimum of 24 hours in advance of work. The signs will reflect scheduled trimming activities for each day and they will be broken down into two time segments: before 12 p.m. and after 12 p.m. Parking spaces will be reopened as soon as possible after work is completed;
- Door hangers or postings on trees will be placed a minimum of 72 hours in advance of residential tree-trimming activities;
- Electronic message boards may be placed at strategic locations several days before trimming, as well as during trimming activities, in order to provide commuters with advance notice so they can plan route changes; and
- Notification of trimming activity will be posted on the City’s website and on the City’s social media pages @WeHoCity.
This Just In…
- Nation’s First Cannabis Lounge to Serve Marijuana-Infused Meals September 21, 2019
- Lowell Farms Splits Into Two Businesses for CA Law Compliance September 21, 2019
- Another ‘Original’ SURver Is Getting Married September 20, 2019
- Women Accused of Running IRS Robocall Ring Arrested September 20, 2019
- Prizma with 169 Apartments Completed on La Brea and Willoughby September 20, 2019
- Violent Crime1 day ago
Victim 7: Ed Buck Threatened Me With Power Saw
- California1 day ago
Ethnic Studies Plan ‘Needs Work’ According to CA Education Officials
- Traffic1 day ago
New Purple Line Station Construction to Begin Late September
- Streets1 day ago
Lane Closures Planned Near Wilshire & San Vicente for Metro Construction