An aspiring screenwriter left an unsolicited script in a briefcase at an agency in Beverly Hills this morning causing concern over the item as a suspicious package.
The bomb squad of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department was called in to assist the Beverly Hills Police Department in investigating the package. According to the Associated Press, the briefcase was taken into an alley and detonated in a controlled explosion to render it safe.
ABC7 reported that papers flew out in tatters with the explosion, but no incendiary device was found inside.
People in the area were locked down inside buildings for over an hour while the investigation was underway.
On the Web
- Briefcase sparks Beverly Hills evacuation – Associated Press
- Suspicious Briefcase Destroyed Near Rodeo Drive – Beverly Hills Courier
- Part of downtown Beverly Hills closed due to suspicious package – Los Angeles Times
This Just In…
- 22nd Annual Reel Black Men Film Festival Debuts 8 Titles at PDC August 22, 2019
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha August 22, 2019
- Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus August 21, 2019
- Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants August 21, 2019
- Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic August 20, 2019
- Pursuits2 days ago
Car Burglary Suspects Pursued From WeHo to Castaic
- Gossip11 hours ago
Liam Hemsworth Files For Divorce from Miley Cyrus
- Development11 hours ago
Hollywood Hotel Project Faces Appeal From Rent Control Tenants
- Sightings3 hours ago
Kourtney Kardashian Goes Braless With Hermes Bag at Cha Cha Matcha