(TMZ) – Amanda Bynes has officially been charged with DUI after her arrest back in April — when she sideswiped a cop car and allegedly attempted to flee the scene.
Bynes has been charged with one count of misdemeanor DUI — and the D.A. has sought a sentencing enhancement because the actress refused to take either a breathalyzer or a blood test.
Bynes has not been charged with hit-and-run.
If convicted — with the sentencing enhancement — we’re told Bynes faces a minimum of 48 hours in jail … and a maximum of 6 months.
But because of jail overcrowding, it’s unlikely Bynes will ever serve longer than a few hours.
The incident occurred at Robertson and Santa Monica Blvd.
UPDATE: Amanda took to Twitter to dispute the claims and to ask President Barack Obama for help.
She wrote in one tweet: “I can’t help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don’t drink so the DUI is false.”
She then continued: “Hey @BarackObama… I don’t drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don’t hit and run. The end.”
Tune in to TMZ on TV weekdays Monday through Friday (check for syndicated/local listings)
This Just In…
- Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’ August 18, 2019
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Performs with the Gay Men’s Chorus August 18, 2019
- Home of the Week: Sunset Strip Pad Steps Up its Game August 18, 2019
- Faye Dunaway Sued for Harassing Assistant, ‘Little Homosexual Boy’ Slur August 18, 2019
- Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18 August 18, 2019
- Events10 hours ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music3 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Movies2 days ago
Retroformat Coalition Brings Silent Film Back to Hollywood
- Books1 day ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s