The 2012 Amgen Tour de California bicycle race will roll through West Hollywood on the morning of Sunday, May 20, 2012 at approximately 10 a.m.
The race features seven of the world’s top 10 cycling teams, many of which will compete in the Tour de France in July. The cyclists will move through West Hollywood, and there will be rolling traffic closures throughout the City that may impact residents.
The race will commence at Rodeo Drive and Santa Monica Boulevard at 10:10 a.m. The race will proceed north up Doheny Drive and then to Sunset Boulevard then travel east on Sunset Boulevard and out of West Hollywood by approximately 10:18 a.m. The race will conclude at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles. Approximately 128 riders and 90 team support and media vehicles will move through the area and there will be rolling street closures during this time.
The race on Sunday is the final leg of the eight-day, 750-mile race, which kicked off on Sunday, May 13, 2012 in Santa Rosa, California.
Residents can watch the race on television. The final stage of the 2012 Amgen Tour de California bicycle race will be televised on NBC Channel 4 beginning at 10 a.m.
For more information, go to www.amgentourofcalifornia.com or www.weho.org, or call (323) 848-6307. For the deaf and hard of hearing, please call (323) 848-6496.
This Just In…
- Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’ August 18, 2019
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Chrissy MGtz Performs at the Gay Men’s Chorus of L.A. Hala August 18, 2019
- Home of the Week: Sunset Strip Pad Steps Up its Game August 18, 2019
- Faye Dunaway Sued for Harassing Assistant, ‘Little Homosexual Boy’ Slur August 18, 2019
- Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18 August 18, 2019
- Events9 hours ago
Major Streets Closed to Cars, Open to People for CicLAvia on Aug 18
- Live Music3 hours ago
Sam Smith Releases Acoustic Version of ‘How Do You Sleep?’
- Movies2 days ago
Retroformat Coalition Brings Silent Film Back to Hollywood
- Books1 day ago
George Takei to Appear at B&N at The Grove, Vroman’s